Who is the course for?
Are you looking for postgraduate study that:
The MA in Global Issues in Contemporary Mission addresses many of the current issues people face 'on the ground', and explores them in depth. Students can also research the pressing issues of their own ministry contexts.
- complements your work in an existing mission environment?
- will further increase your understanding of the 'big picture' of mission?
- will stretch you academically and allow you to research contemporary missiological issues?
- is taught by staff with first-hand mission experience?
You can study full-time (completing all four modules and your dissertation) over one year, part-time over two years or in flexible learning mode over three - four years, ideal for combining work with study. The course leader is Dan Button, Head of Theology. Redcliffe faculty and visiting lecturers are involved in the teaching and supervision of the modules.
The MA consists of four taught modules and an 18,000 word dissertation in a contemporary mission issue of your choice.The taught component of each module is delivered in intensive blocs, i.e lectures run over several 2-4 day periods with time for personal study between intensives. You will complete the two compulsory modules* and choose two further modules from the selection below:
- Method and content in missiological study*
- The mission of the Church in the context of post-colonialism and globalisation*
- The greening of mission
- Christian spirituality in a worldwide context
- Theology of religions
- Prosperity theology and suffering
- An introduction to global leadership
- Crucial issues for European mission and theology
- Just mission – justice issues in intercultural contexts
- Independent study module
If you complete the two compulsory modules only, you will obtain a Postgraduate Certificate. If you complete four taught modules but choose not to submit a dissertation, you will obtain a Postgraduate Diploma.
Brilliant, challenging, mind-stretching. I've enjoyed deep debates
and have gained an increased sense of confidence in my own abilities. The MA has confirmed my sense of calling.
You can download more information about the compulsory and optional modules on this MA from the link opposite. Detailed information and program specifications are available here
. Optional modules will run subject to sufficient numbers of students. Please do not hesitate to get in touch
if you have any questions, or use the links on the left.The Postgraduate MA in Global Issues in Contemporary Mission is validated by the University of Gloucestershire.